University of Oklahoma, Norman, OK.-Masters of Social Work Program- August 2016- Present
University of Central Oklahoma, Edmond, OK.- Bachelor of Science- Family Life Education- Child Development Major- Human Environmental Science Minor- May 2015
AmeriCorps Member at Junior Achievement of Oklahoma, Oklahoma City, OK.- October 2016- Present
- Currently committing to a year’s term to serve my community by serving as a Programs Assistant and Volunteer Recruiter at Junior Achievement of Oklahoma.
AmeriCorps Member at Positive Tomorrows Elementary School for the Homeless, Oklahoma City, OK.- August 2015- August 2016
- Committed a year’s term to serve my community by serving as a teacher’s aide in the 1st and 2nd grade classroom at Positive Tomorrows.
Work Study Intern for Positive Tomorrows Elementary School for the Homeless, Oklahoma City, OK.- October 2014- July 2015
- Assisted teachers with classroom duties and mentored and tutored elementary aged, homeless children in various areas.
Child Care Provider for the Bruehl Family, Edmond, OK.- August 2011-May 2015
- Provided childcare for the Bruehl’s two children.
America Reads Tutor for Edmond Public Schools (West Field Elementary) Edmond, OK.- September 2012-May 2014
- Tutored elementary aged children in reading.
Oklahoma City Educare School- Spring 2015
- Worked with children in their Head Start program who came from families in low income situations. I helped the lead teachers in the classroom plan activities and guide and discipline children. There were children there who exhibited behavior management issues, so during my time there I was trained through the ABA program how to help those children while also shadowing administrative positions in the program. For my final project with Educare, I helped the director develop a program to train their substitute teachers.
Citizens Caring for Children- Fall 2014
- Organized, labeled, and placed the items they offer the children in foster care they serve in the public place where the children choose their items. Occasionally, I would be a “personal shopper” for the clients Citizens Caring for Children had by helping them pick out clothes or shoes and scan for them. I also worked with data entry of their surveys that are completed by their clients. For my final project I completely organized the facility’s recourse room where they stored all of the items they offered their clients.
Birth Choice Centers of Oklahoma- Fall 2013
- Organized the clothes closet and baby supplies, answered phones, observed birth choice counseling sessions, organized their brochure closet. For my final project I organized the facilities resources sheets and made a binder containing an updated filing system of contact information for their resources and referral sheets.
Boys and Girls Club of Greater Oklahoma- Spring 2013
- Supervised children in various activities offered by the facility. For my final project I gave a presentation and conducted an activity with the children over bullying called “Hands and Words Are Not for Hurting.”
Chisholm Elementary- Fall 2012
- Observed the classroom and helped the teacher prepare classwork.
2011-Present Red Cross CPR and First Aid Certified
Positive Tomorrows Mentor-August 2016- Present
- Mentored elementary aged youth at Positive Tomorrows Elementary School for the Homeless.
Autism Speaks- August 2011- September 2014
- Organized and attended the Autism Speaks walk and other various fundraising events.
Vintage Church Ministries- August 2012- September 2014
- Worked in the children’s ministry..
HONORS AND AWARDS
University of Central Oklahoma Deans Honor roll- August 2012- Spring 2014
University of Central Oklahoma Phi Upsilon Omicron Honor Society- Fall 2013- Spring 2015
University of Central Oklahoma All Greek Honor Society, Order of Omega- Spring 2013-Spring 2015
National Association for the Education of Young Children- Fall 2014-Fall 2015
Southern Early Childhood Association- Fall 2014- Fall 2015
Early Childhood Association of Oklahoma- Fall 2014- Fall 2015
University of Central Oklahoma Early Childhood Association- Fall 2014- Fall 2015
Member of Panhellenic sorority Alpha Xi Delta- Fall 2011- Spring 2015